Exams are right around the corner, so it is high time that you begin reviewing. You know how crucial this time of the school year is, which is why you opted out of your usual cramming habit of studying for the exam the night before. After all, your parents paid for your economics tuition in Singapore. The least you could do is do well on the exams.
Here are some study tips to help you out:
- Obtain an exam outline from your instructor and ask them what you should anticipate on the exam.
- Develop a study plan by reviewing any assignments or notes that you had during class.
- Assess the main ideas of the course.
- For every major idea, evaluate the supporting information and subtopics.
- Practise with past exams and familiarise yourself with questions that they might include.
The hints below will be able to help your prep mentally:
- Think more realistically. No one can spend eight hours a day studying.
- Ensure that you get enough sleep, food, and breaks.
- Consider studying in the same spot at the exact time daily.
- Before you begin a new lesson every study period, spend 10 minutes going through the last topics you studied.
- Now and then, rewrite your notes to help you remember details.
- Try reading your notes out loud.
- If you were not able to finish a certain task, do not push yourself. Just finish it in your next study session.
- Do not merely memorise facts. Ask yourself general open-ended questions regarding the material you have just reviewed.
On the day of the exam, just stay calm and have faith in your efforts. You did everything you could by preparing for it in advance. Now is the time to make your parents proud.